Supporting up to twelve 3.5″ HDDs and four 2.5″ SSDs, the TS-1685 is a high-capacity, robust, and reliable business NAS powered by an Intel® Xeon® D processor. Designed to optimize enterprise IT infrastructure, the TS-1685 comes with three PCIe slots that support 10GbE/40GbE NIC, PCIe NVMe SSD, graphics cards, and USB 3.1 expansion cards. Incorporating security and scalability, the TS-1685 presents an ideal choice for a complete business-ready storage solution with cross-platform file sharing, comprehensive backup and disaster recovery, iSCSI & virtualization, and more business applications.
• CPU: Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1521, 4-core 2.4 GHz
• Memory: 16GB non-ECC RAM (8GB System UDIMM x 2)
• Maximum Memory :DDR4 128GB (with DDR4 32GB RDIMM x 4)
• Memory Slot: 4
• Flash Memory: 512MB DOM
• Drive Bay: 12 x 2.5″/3.5″ HDD/SSD slot
4 x 2.5″ SSD slot
• Drive Compatibility: SATA 6Gb/s HDD and SSD
• M.2 SSD Slot 6 x M.2 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
1. The M.2 SSD is not included as standard.
2. M.2 SSD operations can easily generate excessive heat. It is recommended to install a heatsink (from QNAP or a third-party provider) on the M.2 SSD.
• Gigabit Ethernet Port 2 x 10GBASE-T ports, 4 x Gigabit ports
• USB Port Front: 1 x USB 3.0 port; Rear: 2 x USB 3.0 port
• Audio Output: 1 x built-in speaker, 1 x 3.5mm Line-out jack
• Note: Only one of the above audio output ports can work at a time. If a speaker is connected, the sound will output through the speaker.
• LED Indicators: System status, 2.5″ SSD, M.2 SSD, 3.5″ HDD
• Buttons System: Power button, Reset button, USB one-touch-backup button
• Form Factor: Desktop
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 303.84 x 369.89 x 319.8 mm
11.96 x 14.56 x 12.59 inch
• Weight: Net weight (NAS only) 13.39 kg/ 29.52 lb
• Gross weight (with packing and accessories): 15.96 kg/ 35.19 lb
• Sound Level: Sound pressure (LpAm) (bystander position): 22.5 dB
(with 12 x Seagate ST2000VN000 hard drive and 4 x SSD installed)
Power Consumption (W) Sleep mode: 61.36 W
In Operation: 127 W